Bring the top trades people to your job site
Finding the right workers for the right jobs can difficult and time consuming. Not only does it take time to find skilled trades people, but you have to spend additional resources to recruit, screen, and train them. That’s where we come in.
CMAW can help ensure you have the skilled and dedicated workforce you need—at the right time. As a CMAW affiliate, you’ll have access to the thousands of skilled trades people that make up CMAW’s membership.
What to Expect
The benefits of being a contractor.
We’re here to make your job easier, which is why we offer the following benefits:
- Modern Labour Agreements—including “off the shelf” agreements or agreements specifically tailored to meet your particular needs.
- Jurisdiction Flexibility—we can help keep your project on schedule by providing a single contract covering all work to be performed on the project.
- Manpower Availability—we maintain lists of skilled workers who are available for immediate dispatch to job sites throughout the Western Canada.
- Training and Apprenticeship—our local unions regularly run training courses to make sure our members are job ready.
- Safety—we teach safety skills and awareness to our members which combines with their decades of on-the-job experience, which will keep your job site productive and free of safety incidents.
- Employee Portability—Any CMAW members dispatched to a particular project can be transferred to project sites around Western Canada.
- Specialty Trades—we can provide tradespeople from a variety of disciplines to any construction project, including millwrights, welders, pipefitters, ironworkers, and electricians.
- Pension Plan and Health Coverage—upon signing an agreement, all of your current employees will be enrolled in the Pension and Benefit Plans.